November 9, 2012

That's My Boy!


 

First of all, don't be fooled.  This is not a nonchalant "oh, I just happen to be on a phone call" pose.  This shit is legit.  I have a very limited time for outfit shots and my mom called.  So . . .

 Hi Mom!

Tonight was our final leg of football madness.  Kaden had his football banquet.  It was pretty cool.  The coach made a highlights video.  He also gave out awards.

Guess which awards my son got tonight?  Best Helmet Hair and Best Uniform Bling.  The latter was an award given out for the first time this year.  That's my boy!

I really wish that Patrick had been there for it.  Kaden, of course, was in head to toe camo.  He has been since Patrick left.

Nonetheless, I did get to talk to Patrick today for a bit.  The problem is that he is ten hours ahead and works noon to midnight, which is two in the morning to two in the afternoon here.  And I can pretty much only talk to Patrick before or after he gets off.  So I only have a few minutes while I'm at work before he goes to bed to talk to him.  But at least I can.  I feel fortunate for that.

As far as the outfit, I loved it.  I have to say I felt stylish and yet comfy all at once.  Thus, a plus all around.

As much as I love heels, sometimes a girl just needs a sassy, flat, tall boot.  Am I wrong?

The skirt is newly acquired via Good Samaritan for something crazy like $4.  I loved the length, the fit and the pockets totally sold me.

The sweater is an oldie but a goodie.  It is so soft and comfy.  Plus, the zipper detail is what makes it so super stylish.

I took advantage of the last supposed day of sunshine to bare my legs.  We are supposed to be in the 30's this weekend with snow.  Gross.

I can't begin to count the ways I am looking forward to spring.

 Sweater with Zipper Detail-Kohl's; Grey Skirt with Pockets-Old Navy, thrifted; Boots-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs