November 11, 2012

Mad Skills


 

Today I had a hot date.  With my sister in law.  In an unfortunate but also perfect timing twist of fate, her long term boyfriend had to temporarily move back to Cali to tend to his family.

So, needless to say we are both alone but also in relationships.  So we plan to hang out together a lot.  Today wasn't just about hanging out though.  Today we were on a mission.

She's going out to visit her honey on Friday and wanted something spectacular to wear.  As we know, I love clothes.  She is more of a t-shirt and jeans girl.

I had been brainstorming different ideas for her all week.  The most important thing was for her to be comfortable.  This is necessary on many levels.

 1.  She's going from snow to beach, so layers are the best option.  Plus, many layers she can re-use in many other ways later.  2.  She's going to be on an airplane and going through security.  Must.  be.  practically.  comfortable.  3.  She doesn't usually venture from jeans and t-shirts and it is important for her to be "her", youknowwhatI'msayin'.

We went out all over the place.  It is a little difficult to try to get people a little out of their comfort zone, but Jessica was a pretty good sport.  

We ended up getting her a puffy vest with a fur trimmed hood, a pretty purple top and some black leggings with back pockets.  When she left she told me "thanks for helping me pick out pants I never would have otherwise."

I'll tell ya.  Patrick being gone sucks, but being able to hang with my sister in law is way cool for sure. Plus, I love dressing people!  Always have.  And shopping?  No brainer.

Aaaaand, even though we found a lot of stuff for Jessica . . . I did manage to grab a couple of things for myself as well.

Such as a peplum top, a fur vest, a varsity jacket, a suede skirt and a tweed blazer.  All clearance or thrifted.  Not too shabby.

And before we sign off, let me just say Happy Veteran's Day to all who serve or have served.  I have never been prouder or felt closer to this holiday before.  I am so thankful for my husband and all he or others have done for all of us in this country.

 Hot Pink Skinny Jeans-Target; Beaded and Crocheted Sweater-Spiegel, thrifted; Boots-Charlotte Russe; Necklace-DIY and gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs