September 25, 2012

Deep Purple--an eShakti Review


MusicPlaylist

Just before the wedding, I was contacted by one of my favorite companies, eShakti, and asked to pick something from their new fall line to review. 

Since I have traditionally chose dresses from the site (here and here), this go round, I decided to try out a blouse.

I fell in love with the oversized collar and button detail.  I chose purple because, frankly, I don't have very much purple in my closet.  

As I've come to expect with eShakti, the fabric is great and the fit is impeccable.  I love the belt on it too.  It buttons and adds a lot of fun detail.

The top was advertised as a peplum.  I have to say, I expected a bit more "pep" in my peplum.  This one is less dramatic than I expected but . . .

With a true peplum, it is best to keep the bottom half of the look sleek and slender since the peplum adds so much volume to the waist.  

Because this one is more relaxed, I was able to pair it with these dress shorts and some tights without much of an overkill in the waist. 

I also plan on trying this top with some distressed skinny jeans.  And a pencil skirt.  And some crisp white trousers.  

The point of all this being that I love the blouse.  Though, looking back, I probably should have chose the olive color as it would be slightly more versatile in my closet.

And speaking of new, exciting members of my wardrobe, Patrick and I divvied up the wedding gift cards--he got Home Depots and Best Buys and I got Targets and Bed, Bath and Beyond. 

A smart girl would save the Target ones for when we got our own house to decorate it.  But I'm impatient.  And clothing hungry (it feels like ions since I last shopped).  So I ran by Target last night and picked up a few beauties.  I can feel your excitement from here.

 Peplum Blouse-c/o eShakti; Black Dress Shorts-New York and Co.; Charcoal Tights-Kohl's; Platform Oxfords-Mossimo; Watch-gifted; Earrings-Kohl's; Cape-Rue21

*Please excuse the dirty shoes and bra straps in this shot.  As you might be able to tell, it was raining today and this was my only outfit shot opportunity. I.E. no time for re-do's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs