September 18, 2012

Bon Bini


MusicPlaylist

Last we spoke, we reminisced about the rehearsal dinner for the wedding.  And I told you that I was not going to talk about the wedding until I get photographic backup. 

So today we are going to fast forward past the wedding and go into travel/honeymoon talk.  Mmmmkay pumpkins?

Our wedding ended at 10:30.  And our flight left at 1:00 a.m.  And the airport is an hour away.  And the limo we had reserved had written down the wrong time.

Needless to say, we had about half a second to go from wedding time to kissing the kids goodbye and grabbing our bags and heading off to D.I.A.

And to further complicate the situation, I was quite tipsy excited after the wedding and not to mention exhausted

This is the look I went for to trudge through the airport, take a two hour plane ride to NYC, go through that airport, head through customs, endure the four hour flight to Aruba and check in to the hotel and all of that.

And this couldn't have been a better choice (though I didn't sport the belt or watch for security access, obvi.).  I was comfortable, warm but not hot and I could sport one of my favorite color combos: navy and mint.

That's the thing about airport wear.  Ah, the ever controversial topic of what people wear to the airport.  To go comfort or stylish or a combination of both.  Personally, I get the whole "sweats to the airport" thing because, well, you're going from a car to a plane.  But here's my problem with that: once you get off of the plane, you are arriving to a different city, a different state and I would like to arrive impossibly fresh looking and make a good impression.  But I'm just a weirdo, so what do I know.

The flight was ok.  Though I do not like flying, I was so tired that I just passed out (or tried to via using the pull out tray as a makeshift headrest) for the first flight.  And I got to have my two hour layover in *insert sports announcer voice* NYC baby!  (yes, I did get an I <3 NYC t-shirt.  duh.)

When we landed in Aruba, we saw a couple from the airport get their car towed after about three seconds of parking in a no parking zone and as they ran after the tow truck, their suitcases flew off of the roller thing.  Oh, and they were already wrapped in security tape.  Now that's a suck way to start a vaca.

Speaking of crazy ways to start a vaca, how about showing up at your hotel that you had booked (Occidental Grand) only to find that they didn't have a room for you because they were overbooked?  Yeah, that happened.  Buuuuuuut, they set us up with the hotel next door (The Hyatt) and it was sweeeet.  Plus, we could still use all of the "all inclusive" stuff by walking half of a block.  Nailed it.

So this was the view from our hotel balcony.  It was bad ass.  Can you believe that water?  It was crazy because everyone kept telling us "isn't it crazy?  it's not even humid here!" and we're like "uuuuuugh, we're from the desert and I can feel my fro growing chia pet style, I can feel moisture on my hand and it feels like I'm constantly walking through a humidifier, it's humid to us".  It was really crazy to experience, but honestly it really wasn't very humid in comparison to most places.

So as soon as we got into the hotel, we crashed.  But we woke up in time to go enjoy the beach, put our toes in the sand, play in the water and go get some bomb Asian cuisine!  And speaking of beach . . .

We met this freaking amazing couple from Texas in the neighboring hut to us.  They won our hearts by joking that they were under the ghetto hut without the leaves.  We really hit it off with them.  And ended up taking full advantage of the open bar with them all into the hours of the night.  It was so much fun.  And so many long islands.  So Jennifer and Garren, if you're reading this--cheers!

All in all the first day was exactly what we needed--relaxing, fun and exciting.  The people there were amazingly welcome and friendly.  Bon Bini was written everywhere (it means welcome).  The scenery was gorgeous.  The company was great.  The drinks were good.  The sun was shining.  Loved.  It.

  Striped Tee-thrifted; Mint Skinny Jeans-Kohl's; Saddle Oxfords-Payless; Watch-gifted; Earrings-gifted; Belt-Kohl's

1 comment:

  1. your outfit is so cute! I love the color of your jeans.your saddle shoes and white bobby socks go
    perfect with your outfit.I love wearing saddle shoes too:)

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs