September 2, 2012

The Morning After


MusicPlaylist

Thanks everyone for your support yesterday.  I had, what we like to call, a complete mental breakdown.

I was ready to just give everything up--the wedding, the blog, the whole thing.  I suppose it happens to every bride right before her wedding . . . right?  (humor me people)

After all of your supportive comments, I felt a little better.  Then I heard from Patrick and I was totally over it.  I love how he always knows just how to keep me sane.

It also helped to get some sleep.  Like a lot of sleep.  It was funny because I fell asleep on the couch watching the Sex and the City movie. 

 I woke up at 3 in the morning to a voicemail from Patrick that went something like this:  "Well, I wanted to say goodnight, but you're probably asleep on the couch . . ."  Yeah, he knows me very well.

Another thing that helps?  Coffee time.  Not having coffee while and/or before doing task #1, 2, 3, 4 . . .  What I mean is--make a cup of coffee, go out to the back patio and enjoy the coffee.

My brother came over and made spaghetti for dinner.  Now we're watching Pablo Francisco (hilarious!) and waiting for Patrick to come home (yay!).

Oh, and I did my hair, which is exciting to me.  Yesterday when I was at the salon getting it died (did Vanessa do a bomb diggity job or what?!?!?), I really tried to pay attention to how she got it so fantabulous.

It took me about 45 minutes, but I think I almost got it the way she had it.  At least I can call this a personal best of mine for sure. 

So needless to say, today was better.  Much, much better.  And because I had sleep and coffee time, I got soooo much done today.  Which makes me feel even better!

Also, funny story for you.  When I first moved into my house, I had a surprise about a month in.  One day I looked out my backyard to an older woman standing out by my bushes.  WTF, I said to myself.  I walked outside to confront the woman.

She turns to me with a huge smile on her face and starts speaking to me in a thick Scottish accent.  "Oh hello!  You just moved in, ya?  Ohhh!  I hope ya don't mind, but I come every year to pick Elderberries off of the Elderberry bush here.  Do you like Elderberries? . . ." Just trust me when I tell you that this conversation went on for a good thirty minutes.

Nonetheless, every August for the last three years, she has come by to pick Elderberries out of my backyard.  She's harmless and really sweet, but she didn't come by this year.  I didn't think much of it until yesterday when I was shopping luggage at Wal-Mart.  I spotted a really cute zebra print one and started checking it out.

Suddenly, from behind I hear a woman.  In a German accent.  Say to me: "Oooooh I like that suitcase!"  I turn to her "Irene?  Didn't you used to pick Elderberries out of my backyard?"  Her face went from huge smile to smile taking over her face "OOOOOOH!  THIS IS A MIRACLE!!!"  LOL  Oh Irene.

By the way, don't forget about my link up.  Last day to send your photo is Tuesday.

White Linen Eyelet Skirt-Abercrombie and Fitch, thrifted; Yellow Collared Tank-thrifted; Floral Flats-Payless; Bracelet-souvenir from Four Corners; Ring-Encore

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs