August 27, 2013

Share the Covers--Word Up

The totally rad original by Cameo . . .


And the kick ass cover by Korn . . .


You guys.  I know you've heard about it to death.  And I am not one for constant gossip about celebrities.  Seriously.  I never watch award shows.  I didn't even know which ever Kardashian just had her baby was pregnant.  I just don't care.  But after all the hype, I just had to see what debauchery Miley had caused last night.  Hoooooooly.   There are no words.

So I spent my evening catching up with VMAs of old and came up with some that may make Miley feel a smidge better.  Although, any of these look tame compared to . . . whatever I saw earlier.

Remember Brittany (god bless her) in 2007?  Everyone freaked out about this performance and while, granted, it wasn't her sparkliest of shows, it looks great now . . . 


Or while we're on the subject of my favorite pop princess, do you remember the controversy that stirred after this little ditty?  The kiss heard round the world, if you will . . .



Or Courtney during that dreadful display in '95?  Poor Madge.  And didn't she look fabulous?  (Madonna, not Courtney.  Woof.)



But let's also not pay homage to the obvious attention seeking goal here and remember the best VMA performances like Eminem in 2000?  That was when he was in his prime, doing something not many other people were doing at the time (no, I didn't mean for that to rhyme, ha!  I did it again!) . . .



And, of course, THE BEST VMA performance ever--Nirvana and Lithium in 1992.  God that was FOREVER ago.  This entire show was soooooo 90's!  And look at Kurt!  Such a baby!!!



Yeah, time flies when you're . . . watching the Video Music Award recaps get stripped of all its dignity.  Literally.

Floral Bubble Skirt-Candie's; Top-Kohl's; Purple Tights-Target; Suede Oxford Platforms-Mossimo; Necklace-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-stand

Don't forget to enter the Vedette giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs