August 7, 2013

Mission #14--Day 3, 1970's Inspired

The next decade we visit in Mission Week is another fave--the 70's.  Or the 60's.  I can't really decide.  Nonetheless, it's vintage.

For starters, I am actually wearing two sets of earrings.  One are diamond studs that were given to me and the others are vintage clip-ons I scored from my Grandmother's jewelry box.  They are old.

I could not believe my eyes when I spotted this totally true vintage handmade romper at some random thrift store by where my dad was staying.  It looks pretty frumpy on its own, but with a lovely belt, like this one Lynne gifted me, makes it better.  Speaking of Lynne, check out this post of hers and throw her a thought, prayer or donation her way for her daughter.  Much love Lynne!

One way to make such a vintage specific look more modern is to add modern accessories.  Like the subtle pattern mixing of leopard sandals.  Or a newer bag, given to me by a co-worker recently.

I decided to go big or go home with the florals by going to one of my favorite spring/summer locations--a little garden full of gorgeous flowers by a park in the middle of town.

As much as I love this jumper, it's kind of tricky to wear given the long sleeves.  It can't be too hot, can't be too cold.  But when it happens on that perfectly 80 degree day?  It is great.



Floral Romper-vintage; Leopard Sandals-Target; Belt-gifted by Lynne; Bag-Liz Claiborne, gifted; Earrings-gifted and vintage from Grandma 

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs