August 23, 2013

Mission #15--Day 5 LINK UP!!!

Would it be possible to do a Mission Week celebrating denim and chambray without jeans?  The answer is nay.  You cannot.  

I hardly ever wear these wide-leg jeans.  They are so old.  Buuuuut they are not denim.  They are chambray.  And that means they are super, super soft, comfortable, lightweight and have great move-ability.

The other day I came home from dropping Conner off at football practice to find my 6 year old daughter unloading the dishwasher.  It wasn't super unusual.  The girl loves dishes.  But it was a little odd.

She followed that up by loading the dishwasher, making all the beds, vacuuming the upstairs, sweeping the kitchen and getting the mail.  I didn't ask her to do this nor did I make any comment about getting it done.  She just went right ahead and did it.  So I gave her a dollar.

The next night, she did the same thing.  So I gave her two dollars.  I was more than happy to pay her for doing these chores for me and thought that her motivation was purely monetary, even though I didn't tell her I was going to pay her.  I figured that Pavlov was in effect after the first dollar.

That night, as I was giving her a backrub before bed, she asked me if I was happy that she did all of those things.  I said that of course I was happy and so proud of her for being so responsible.  "And," she said, "you weren't cranky."  So sweet!  Sometimes it's good to realize that taking a break from what needs to be done can do wonders.  And leave time for extra long bedtime backrubs.  And that works for me.


Red and White Striped Top-Jones New York; Flared Chambray Jeans-really old; Fedora-K-Mart; Necklace-Kohl's; Wedges-Target; Sunnies-Target



Grab button for MISSION-WEEK


Don't forget to enter the Vedette giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs