August 5, 2013

Mission #14--Day 1, 1920's

Guys, I'm really excited about this Mission Week.  I decided to go by decades and I'm starting with the 1920's.  And what better way to celebrate that decade than with a vintage flapper dress (turned skirt).

The dress on its own is very costume-y, which is a constant problem with vintage pieces.  And even though I don't want to look like a flapper, I know I love the fun fringes on this piece.

To make it more modern, I added a fun, ironic, graphic tee (that I saw in California, loved, didn't buy and proceeded to stalk on the internet until it went on super sale) and funky yellow heels.  To keep it funky and yet completely time appropriate, I added a newsboy hat.

I actually only wore this for an evening of grocery shopping (sometimes I can barely stand the monotony of my life), but it did make grocery shopping a lot more fun.  Especially when I ran into a friend that I went to high school with (in another town, no less) who I found out lives a couple of blocks away from me!

If we can backtrack slightly to this shirt--seriously how ironic is this shirt?  I just loved it for that reason.  You wanna know what's possibly more ironic than a blogger wearing the shirt itself?  If I were to estimate, I would say about 80% of the sales of this shirt go to bloggers.  I would be interested to read that statistic.

Fringed Dress (worn as a skirt)-vintage; Graphic Tee-American Apparel; Highlighter Yellow Cap Toe Two Tone Heels-Charlotte Russe; Newsboy Hat-no idea, very old; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Target 

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs