July 1, 2014

Mission #36, Day 2--Wild Card Date

My second date look for Mission Week is for one of those "we have plans, but we don't have plan plans" dates.  You know the ones--you plan to see each other but you're leaving what you will actually do up in the air.  Or perhaps your date has made surprise plans for you and you're just left to dress with the punches, as it were.

Well this is a challenge indeed.  In essence, you'll need to be ready for any temps (burning hot sun or freezing cold AC), any terrain (city streets stroll or lakeside picnic) and any activity (carnival in town?  wine tasting?  painting pottery?).  In other words, you'll need a workhorse outfit.

Enter the sleeveless one piece.  It's fairly fuss-free (unless you'll be peeing in the woods . . . but what kind of gentleman would bring you to such necessity without warning?), can be layered up if necessary and can be dressed up or down with accessories and shoes.

Speaking of shoes, these adorable little seersucker lacy wedges were recently given to me . . . by Patrick's grandmother!  As in, they used to be hers.  She questioned whether or not I would like them or wear them because she thought they were too young for her.  I love them.  They are adorable and comfortable.

I think Wild Card dates, especially after you've been married, are the best kinds of dates.  Leaving things up to someone else or even up in the air can be a lot of fun and can turn out to be the most memorable nights of all.

One of my favorite dates with Patrick was randomly going to see a Kiss concert up at the Cheyenne Frontier Days.  They may be old, but that is still one of the most kick ass, entertaining concerts I have been to to date.  I remember knowing that Patrick wanted to tell me he loved me that night.  He kept tripping on the words.  But I was the designated driver and he told me later that he was afraid to tell me after he'd been drinking.  Turns out, he was still afraid to tell me until five months later.  What can I say?  The man is all about timing and sincerity.  I love him. 

Navy Jumpsuit-vintage; Tassel Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Knotted Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Wedges-gifted; Sunnies-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs