July 3, 2014

Mission #36, Day 4--Meet the Parents or Boss

For this Mission Week look we go into one of the most nerve wracking date looks--the "I'm going to meet someone important" date.  This one is tricky.  Obviously, it depends on the circumstances and you should dress for the ocassion. 

In general, though, I think it's a good rule of thumb to err on the side of conservative and responsible with a trickle of youthfulness (no elderly librarian looks).  So for this look, I paired a simple cotton dress with a blazer and colorful heels.

I am so fortunate to have the coolest in-laws ever.  It's not a biased thing, I really do.  They are so loving and so much fun to boot!

I remember the first time I met my mother in law.  I had found out that day that an old friend of mine had committed suicide and was, to say the least, pretty bummed out.  I told Patrick and after much convincing from him, we stopped by her house.  So there I dragged myself--tear stained cheeks, red eyes and looking far from meet the parents perfect.  But she welcomed me in and, omitting some detail, really made me feel better.  I'll never forget that day.

White Dress-thrifted; Beige Blazer-thrifted; Heels-Nine West, gifted; Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs