July 22, 2014

Share the Covers--Too Good to Be True

Here is one version of the song by Frank Sinatra . . .


And another one of my favorite versions by Lauryn Hill . . .

 

The reason for so many family festivities this weekend is that my two younger kids are going to Mexico with their dad tomorrow and I'm kind of freaking out about it.  I know they'll have fun and I'm sure their dad will keep them safe, but I am paranoid by nature.

I inherited a worrywart gene from my grandmother.  Flying is one thing I have never fully been comfortable with and the thought of my kids in the air, especially without me scares me to death.

And then after they land, there's the fact that they will be in another country and even though they will be in a tourist location, I worry about crazy things that are far from likely to happen--kidnapping, getting lost, undertow in the ocean.

So we have family time so I can take my mind off of my neurosis.  I do hope that they have fun.  A lot of fun.  And I will try to be patient and calm until next Wednesday.  Prayers are welcome. 

Peach Sheer Maxi Dress-vintage; Leopard Print Cardigan-thrifted; Brown Floppy Hat-Kohl's; Sandals-Kohl's; Belt-Kohl's; Earrings-Kohl's; Bag-vintage Coach, gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs