July 14, 2014

Mission #37, Day 1--Casual Tulle

I think one of the funnest ways to style a tulle skirt is by mixing it with otherwise casual pieces.  For this Mission Week look, I paired this fun little tulle skirt with a plain tee and some fun tennies.  To keep the look fairly polished and to add some color, I added a fun bag.

I don't want to dwell on it, but I just wanted to take a moment and thank those from the last post on your support, encouragement and for sharing your stories.  It really meant a lot and took a lot to write, honestly.

I've had a lot of fun with this new found photo location.  I call it "Graffiti Alley."  Kaden actually introduced me, of all people.  It' a whole alleyway near our house with really cool graffiti.  And it gets redone frequently too--so score!!!

A couple of times when I've had Kaden watch Reilly while I went to take my pictures (he's so amazing with him), he's even suggested that I come here for my photos.  And the artwork is so amazing to me I'm usually happy to oblige.

But one day I went to take my pictures down this alley and . . . the artists were setting up to re-paint the alley.  And I was a little intimidated crawling through the alley in my minivan all dolled up fixin' to take my own photos in front of their artwork, so I chickened out.

But there is a certain comfort in taking your photos in front of the wall when it's abandoned.  And kind of ironic to take your photos in front of a tough looking wall when you're too chicken to do it in front of other people.  The three abandoned mattresses on either side of me while I took my pictures kind of helped to validate that fear, however.

Any one need a mattress?  I know where we can find some on the cheap.*

*I wouldn't recommend these mattresses

Tulle Skirt-Ebay; Grey Tee-Target; Black Tennies-Target; Mint Bag-Nine West; Anchor Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-gifted

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs