July 28, 2014

Mission #38, Day 1--Scarf as a Tie

This week for Mission Week we are celebrating scarves and the great multitude of ways you can wear them--even in the summer!  For this first look, I chose to wear this vintage scarf as a tie.

Adding this polka dot scarf was a fun addition to the orange blazer and worked well off of the neutral palette of the black tights, chambray dress and modest booties.

What was not as great was the fact that I wore this (ridiculously) on a day when the temps were in the high 90's.  Hot as hell outside . . . and I opt to wear a tweed blazer, chambray dress, tights and booties.  Not the best decision.

But right after I got dressed, my daughter told me that I look like I am ready for a meeting.  I was, actually, because I had a very important lunch meeting on this day.  And Conner, my middle son, told me that he liked my outfit.

You don't argue with genuine compliments from some of my favorite people.  You just don't.  So you just sweat through it and shred the blazer as soon as humanely possible.

Orange Tweed Blazer-J. Crew, thrifted; Chambray Dress-thrifted; Polka Dot Scarf-vintage; Black Booties-Old Navy; Earrings-gifted; Footless Tights-Kohl's

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs