February 19, 2014

Mission #27, Day 3--Fedora

My younger son, Conner, gave me this fedora.  It's not really my style, but I love him so much so I still sport it from time to time.  Plus, it's black.  And since fedoras are usually a spring/summer hat, the darker color of this one could transition it easily in the winter.  And for Mission Week.

Today my favorite morning radio show (KS 107.5--hilarious!!!!) was talking about internet trolls and a study that was just done on them and their personality traits.  Naturally, I was intrigued.

So, if you don't know, an internet troll is someone who literally gets pleasure out of posting random negative comments on random posts.  To be clear, these are not people who post a disagreement or state their point of view.  These are people who offer nothing but useless criticism to try to get a rise out of the poster.

As someone who writes a blog, I think it's safe to say that this is bound to happen to anyone that holds any kind of open forum on the internet.  It's hard not to take it personally and just let it go.  But that is what this study tells you to do.  They say the best thing to do in this situation is to not reciprocate (that is not only giving them ammo and getting down to their level, but also pleasing the troll).  And, if it becomes too bothersome, simply block the commenter. 

You can find the article about the study here and see all of the personality traits that trolls have if you are interested.  I know that I've had trolls come to my page and it isn't fun.  But you have to remember--it's them, not you. 

Navy Polka Dot Chiffon Babydoll Dress-Aruba; Black Leather Jacket-gifted; Gray Tights-Kohl's; Saddle Oxfords-Payless; Leather Gloves with Fur Detail-c/o Jolly Chic; Black Fedora-gifted; Necklace-gifted; Earrings-DIY and gifted

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs