February 6, 2014

Birthday Week--Day 4, Bob Marley--IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

My most favorite person to share a birthday with in the history of the world is this guy, Mr. Bob Marley.   I have always been inspired by him and I think he will always be one of the most legendary people of all time in my mind.

And, yep, today is my actual birthday.  The big 32.  Whoop whoop.  It's an interesting thing--getting older.  It almost seems the older that you get, the more you appreciate the youth you had while simultaneously being grateful that you are getting older and wiser.

Truthfully, I am happy being 32.  My life is at a wonderful juncture right now.  I am very happily married to a wonderful man.  I have three amazing and healthy children.  I am nearly seven months pregnant with a seemingly healthy and happy little love.  We bought our first house this year.  I have a new car.  Things are pretty much going in the right 32 year old direction.

But I had a great youth as well.  In the past, I've been known for throwing some kick ass parties.  Mostly theme parties.  I LOOOOOOVE theme parties.

For my 22nd birthday, I had an 80's party.  It was so much fun and everyone looked so great in their costumes.  Unfortunately, it was a little too much fun and got broken up by the cops.  About an hour into the party.  Because it already had too many people and too much noise.  

My absolute favorite party was my Red N Wild party, themed as such from one of my favorite movies of all time To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar.  Everyone wore something outrageous and red, I had quotes from the movie in the shapes of strawberries hanging from the ceiling and we just had a gay ole time.

Not partying this year.  But I am fine with it.  At 32, you don't have to party.  You can just sit back and reflect on all that you have to be grateful for in your 32 years on earth.  Not too bad.

Green Maxi Dress-thrifted; Cognac Leather Bomber Jacket-Target; Cowgirl Boots-vintage; Necklace-vintage; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Pug

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs