September 26, 2013

Thursday Mixer--Black Cropped Beaded Trousers


 I felt like I hit the jackpot when I found these cropped beaded slim fitting trousers thrifting two years ago.  The designer is escaping me, but they are French and were on sale for a whopping $12.  A little pricey for a thrift find, but for designer and awesomeness--just right.

 I loved the fit (they are also high waisted), the beaded trim, and how fun they were to wear!  Current wears 6.  Current price per wear $2.  Steal.


Top Left to Right-1, 2, 3
Bottom Left to Right-Now, 2, 3

 I wore this look awhile ago, inspired by an unlikely source.  Patrick and I had randomly decided to watch Pulp Fiction, aka one of the best movies ever, and I just loved the simple yet chic look of Mia Wallace (played by Uma Thurman) in the dance scene with John Travolta . . . pre nasty OD scene.



 See my above totally amateur gif from that part of the movie where Mia tells Vincent not to be a square?  It only took me about 45 takes and 732 weird looks from passerbys. 

 One of my favorite things is to be inspired by unlikely sources, like TV shows or movies or even children.  You never know when inspiration might hit.

 And now I want a $5 shake.  For real.

Cropped Beaded Trousers-vintage; White Eyelet Button Down Blouse-thrifted; Gold Sequined Smoking Slippers-Target; Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs