September 18, 2013

Mission #17, Day 3--Leather Dress

I was kind of sad that this vintage leather dress (also a vest) didn't make it into the vintage to modern Mission Week a few weeks back, so I was happy to introduce it into the Mission Week about leathers this week.

The funny thing about this dress is that when I bought it, it came with this striped mini dress and was styled as a vest for the dress.  The price was kind of high for my standards ($45!!!!), but because I loved the leather so and I figured that since there were two pieces this dress/vest only cost $22.50, I thought it was a good investment.  And I was right, btw.  This definitely needs a Thursday Mixer.

What's sad is to think that this spot, where these photos are taken, is now under water and/or destroyed, muddy and filthy.

Today's my last "free" day with the kids before we return to work/school/reality on Thursday, so I'm kind of bummed about that, but I can say that in some small way, we are all looking forward to the regular routine.

We've essentially been cooped up for the better part of the past week either because of rain or flooding or both, closed roads, isolated towns, friends and family.  But slowly but surely we're getting back on track.

Today the kids and I went on a walk to the grocery store to get some lunch fixings.  Not that we didn't have any food, but we all really needed an outing.  It was bright, warm and sunny out and the exercise and fresh air felt amazing.  And my kids were really stoked about the change in scenery.

So, that was that.  It was fun to pretend to be a SAHM for a while there (even though I was still working remotely and packing).  But I think we are all a little anxious to get back to good ole peer interaction and responsibilities.  And I know that my office is missing me based on the phone calls I got today.  It's gonna be a long end to a short week, I'll tell ya.

Leather Dress-vintage; Chambray Short Sleeved Button Down-Style & Co., thrifted; Polka Dot Socks-Target; Platform Loafers-ANA, gifted; Leopard Cuff-Kohl's; Headband-really old; Sunnies-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs