September 27, 2013

Dear Frannie Fridays--Best Thrift Stores


As we all know, I love thrifting.  I haven't been in a while and due to the new purchase of a house (YAY!), I don't see myself going for a bit  So I shall pass my thrifting nuggets of gold down to you.  Here are my favorite thrift stores in my area:

Goodwill.  Yes, yes, I know.  Almost every town has a Goodwill, so this one is kind of a given.  But I have to mention it here because they really are a cut above the rest.  For starters, every other Saturday is half off day and they have bargains going on during the week as well.  Also, they offer a "Club Blue" card.  With this card, you get 20% off when you spend $25 AND you get a $5 reward on your birthday!  Once you accumulate $250, you also get a $10 reward.  There is also a Deja Blue Boutique , which is like an upstage Goodwill.  I've never actually been, but I hear very good things about it.

 Rockin Robin's.  Ok, this is not a thrift store, but a consignment store.  Buuuuuut, it is amazing.  For starters, the price is really reasonable for a consignment store.  I've gotten many, many good deals (including this dress I am wearing in this post!) there.  Not to mention, the atmosphere is just great.  Robin, the owner, is so lively and fun.  She has a jukebox in her store, which she takes requests for.  And she will also give complimentary glasses of wine on occasion.  She hosts dress up parties as well, which I have never partaken in but have looooved looking at photos of them on her site.  PS--her site is the BEST in the biz.  She updates all of her new donations every Thursday, so you always know what's in the store.

 Hope's Storehouse.  This store is such a great hidden gem.  I have always found something there.  On Saturdays, they have $10 bag days, which are great.  And they also always have special sale days on other occasions, like where you walk in, choose a plastic egg with anywhere from 10%-75% off your purchase.  They also do a lot of work with the safehouse shelters, which is good to know.

 Saavy Seconds.  This is a really cute thrift store on the south side of Longmont.  On Saturdays, they have $1 clothing days and I believe $3 shoes.  I bought the designer trousers I was wearing yesterday there!  The outline of their store is really easy to follow and the decor is really endearing and cute.  Not to mention, they got hit pretty hard by the floods, so be sure to stop by and show them some love.

 Buffalo Exchange.  Yeah, again, there are a lot of these locations AND they are a consignment store, not a thrift store.  While they are a bit on the pricey side for my taste, I have to say, they do have an AWESOME selection of clothes.  I have found leather pants there and one of my favorite lock print whimsical shirt!

Do you have a suggestion or question for Dear Frannie Friday?  Shoot me an email at franniepantz@hotmail.com

Shirtdress-Forever 21, thrifted; Hot Pink Pumps-H&M; Necklace-DIY and gifted; Earrings-Wal-Mart

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs