October 3, 2012

The Perfect Fall Street


MusicPlaylist

It is very crazy to think that a 45 minute drive south from where I am sitting right now, President Obama is debating with ole what's-his-name down at D.U.

Don't worry.  I'm not going to go into politics right now.  Patrick is a very well educated and up to speed on politics Republican and I am a not as up to speed live long Democrat.  So debates in house will be fraught with differing opinions all night.

So let's move on to how freaking perfect this autumnal street in Boulder to take photos of my new snow leopard skinnies.

I realize that this is not quite as important as more jobs in America or education in our country or our fiscal crisis.  But, politics are not my strong suit.  Style is.  So there.

As soon as I brought these babies home, I immediately paired them with this tank in my mind.  Sadly, I have only worn this once since I thrifted it!

All of my usual lunch break photo shoot locations were polluted with people trying to soak up the last bits of the sun that we have before the frost sets in.

This is why I don't get all "OMG FALL IS HERE!  LET'S EAT AND DRINK PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!  YAY SWEATERS AND BOOTS AND TIGHTS AND COATS!"

I like fall, don't get me wrong.  I think that autumn is a beautiful season and the proof is in these photos.  And after the atrocious inferno of a summer we had, I am certainly not complaining about being able to wear layers should I choose without breaking a sweat. 

However, fall is a very short lived season in Colorado.  We have pretty much a month or so of transitional months (spring and fall).  The rest of the year is either sweltering hot or freezing cold.

And I can handle the hot.  But the cold . . . gross.  The scraping ice off the windshield, the slushy feet, the freezing lungs, the numb fingers . . . 

Basically, I hate snow.  I have only two exceptions where snow is acceptable to me--1) Christmas and 2) when we get enough snow to shut down the city (i.e. work and school, meaning that I don't have to leave my house).

But in the meantime, I will indeed enjoy the crisp fall air, the beautiful golden leaves falling like confetti everywhere you go, the pumpkin laced everything and the fun layers in clothes until then.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a debate to listen to inconspicuously so that I don't get stuck in a political debate with my husband . . .

  Tank-Adiva, thrifted; Leopard Print Skinnies-Target; Snakeskin Pointed Toe Kitten Heels-Alfani, gifted; Bracelets-gifted and Kohl's; Earrings-gifted; Necklace-vintage from Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs