October 1, 2012

Share the Covers--No Woman No Cry

Here is the cover . . .


And here is the original . . .

 

 Pretty good cover for today, huh?  As you might remember, I love Bob Marley, so incorporating him into Share the Covers Mondays was pretty much a given.

You know what used to make me cry?  Getting teased for my name when I was little.  Many of you may know, but some of you may not, that my real name is not Frannie.  It is Robin.

You may be like my mother who says in a very motherly tone "Robin is such a nice name--how could anyone make fun of it?"

Here are a few ways that people used to make fun of my name: Robin Hood, Robin of Locksly,  Robin bird, Robin red breast, Rockin' Robin.  People can be real original.  (Hope you're picking up the sarcasm here.)

Needless to say, I take it with a grain of salt now.  And by that I mean, I don't cry like I did when I was younger.  I just give people the "really? . . . really?" look.

But I've always been sensitive about the name thing.  That is why all three of my kids have names that are spelled in a very simple way and with no possibility of kids (or adults) talkin' smack.  I even broke up with a guy I was dating because I found out his last name was Williams.  That could've been a disaster. 

Another clever way people used to make fun of my name was by comparing me to Batman's sidekick.  I used to hate this one the most.  I can't tell you how many times people have yelled "to the Bat Cave!" or "Get the Batmobile!" to me.  But my brother has forever fixed this problem for me.

He calls Patrick Patman.  That's right. Patman and Robin.  Solved.

 Skirt-Express, thrifted; Vest-Old Navy; Turtleneck-INC, thrifted; Moto Boots-Candie's; Necklace-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs