October 8, 2012

Share the Covers--Lollipop

Here is the original:


And here is the cover:

 

 This outfit is the direct result of Patrick and I somehow sleeping through and/or the malfunction of all four of our combined alarm clocks.

Luckily, our fifth and most reliable alarm clock, Kaden, got us up just in the nick of time.  I had about nine minutes to get out the door to take the boys to school and go to work.

Luckily, I've had this combo sitting waiting to be worn for quite a while, since the Target gift card spree actually.  Even though the colors are bordering on spring/summer/lollipop (get it?  huh?  huh?), I'm all right with it.

Even though I have damn near every color of the rainbow in skinny jeans, I am always willing to add more of them to my closet.  So when these hot pink skinnies caught my little eyeballs on the clearance rack, it didn't take long to convince me to make them a part of my wardrobe.

As for the sweater, mint is a color that has been exponentially growing in my closet over the last year or so ever since it's explosion in the spring.  Not only that, but I am a sucker for a dolman sleeve and mesh fabric.

After having snowy, slushy, ice cold temps for the last three days, this week we are welcoming the sunshine with bare, open arms with 70 degree temps.

Although I am wearing jeans today, I fully plan on rocking skirts and dresses sans tights for as long as humanly possible before this warm streak goes away.

Every time a season fades away, I get a little bit of anxiety over my closet.  When summer ends, it is the worst because as much as I love boots and cardigans and tights and sweaters, I am a dresses and skirts girl through and through.  And nothing against tights, but it's just not the same when you have to cover your legs up. 

A winter with no snow other than Christmas, temps in the high 60's at least, no icy roads, no slushy boot feet--is that too much to ask?  #alreadyloathingwinteranditsnotevenhereyet

 Mint Mesh Sweater with Dolman Sleeves-Target; Hot Pink Skinnies-Target; Striped Wedges-American Eagle; Earrings-gifted; Ring-Encore

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs