June 12, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Black and White Striped Dress

This dress is one of those pieces that I really, really wanted.  It was a piece that I was sure that I could wear a million different ways.  And although I've already worn it a bunch, I don't even think it has reached its full potential.

I got this dress last June and have worn it 7 times, but it happens to be one of those items that I paid full price for, knowing that I would make up for it in price per wear.  I paid about $20 for it.  The documented price per wear is currently about $3 and there are many more wears to come.

Top Left to Right- 1, 2, 3, Now
Bottom Left to Right- 1, 2, 3 

So, I've never been a SAHM.  I've really never had "maternity leave", if you will.  So having this past 5 1/2 weeks free of work has been pretty cool.  But here's the thing--I had all of these plans and chores to tackle and errands to run that I thought that I would have a ton of time to get them done during maternity leave.

And I know that being a SAHM is hard work and I don't discredit those who do it AT ALL.  But I just figured that there was totally time to do all of these things without the 8 hour workday.  

But what I've found out is that--the days fly by.  And when you are at home, it seems like there is so much to do there that it I'm lucky to even get the regular stuff out of the way before I get to the extra stuff.  In fact, by the time Reilly and I get up, I change and feed him, I get myself dressed and ready for the day, I eat breakfast, I feed him again and all of that if it happens without incident of peeing mishaps (him not me) or needing extra burping or what not--the morning is already all but over.  Not to mention, there are ALWAYS dishes to be done, a load of laundry to wash/dry/fold, counters that need wiped off, etc.

So basically, shout out to all the SAHMs out there.  I totally get it.  Holy moly do I get it. 

Don't forget to enter the oNecklace Etsy Shop gift card giveaway!  Entries accepted until June 20

Black and White Striped Dress-Target; Military Cargo Vest-Old Navy; Heels-Candie's; Cuff-gifted; Elephant Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-DIY and gifted


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs