March 26, 2014

History Buff

 When my sister and I were young, we spent a lot of time with my Grandmother.  She loved history and genealogy.  She tried to instill this interest in my sister and I as well.

When we were little, we did everything in the name of history.  Instead of going to water parks and amusement parks, we would go to historical sites like Fort Laramie, the United States Mint and the Molly Brown House.  When we would get the pleasure of renting movies, they were often historical ones.

We loved it.   We found it fascinating and, later as adults, very important.  My grandmother was always one to talk to us about history--namely our Native American history and famous and important people in our family tree.

Recently, my daughter Brielle's class has been learning about American symbols--the Liberty Bell, the Statue of Liberty and the Declaration of Independence.  She has fallen in love with learning all she can about the important icons, people and times in history.

I love it.  And I know that if my grandmother were alive, she would love it as well.  Although, when my daughter asked me if I was alive when Abraham Lincoln was president, it wasn't quite as amusing.

Black and White Striped Dress-Target; Grey Maternity Sweater Vest-thrifted; Black Knee High Boots-Charlotte Russe; Anchor Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-DIY and gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs