March 13, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Striped Blazer

It hasn't been too super long since I thrifted this striped blazer.  I got it in a thrift store on our family trip to California in July of last year. 

At first, I almost didn't buy it.  It is a large and (typically and at the time . . .) I'm a small.  But luckily, I don't pay much mind to size in general and, obviously, it worked out since I've grown a bit.  I'm pretty sure I paid $8 or so for it.  This makes the current price per  wear $2, but it's only been 8 months or so.

1, Now, 3, 4

I got this necklace and these earrings from Charming Charlie's around my birthday last month.  I was browsing with a gift card burning a hole in my pocket (thanks to our associate attorney Danielle!).

As I was admiring a fun bib necklace, a salesgirl approached me, asking if I needed any help with anything.  I politely declined.  But then she had to give me the whole spiel . . .

"Oooooh I LOVE that necklace!  It's mint.  Such a hot color for spring.  Mint is totally in for spring this year!"  Her face beamed with wonderment.  Being pregnant and pretty Daria-esque in nature, I responded "well, yeah, like it is every year.  That and nautical stuff".  I couldn't help it.  It was almost like a reflex.

I felt horrible as I saw her face fall a little bit.  Then she pointed.  "Yeah . . . the nautical stuff is over there."  Sorry lady!  I swear I didn't mean any pride damage.

Striped Blazer-Forever 21, thrifted; Grey Maternity T-Shirt-Target; Polka Dot Maternity Trousers-Old Navy; Alligator Skin Kitten Heels-Alfani, gifted; Elephant Necklace and Spike Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Sunnies-shop in mall

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs