March 14, 2014

Dear Frannie Friday--Best Fashion Quotes (Part One)

It's Friday.  Yay.  Let's ring in the weekend with some of the best quotes re fashion I've found:


I am a big supporter of Ms. Wang's thinking here.  There have been many items that I've picked up (usually at thrift stores) where the shape, color, pattern, size or general feel is something that I would usually shy away from.  But they are always worth a try on.  Sometimes they don't work out, but when they do it is great.  You can really surprise yourself and it is a great way to step outside of your comfort zone and expand your wardrobe.



Aw, Mr. Versace.  Truly a fashion legend.  I cannot tell you how much I relate to this quote.  "Fashion" is really what you make it.  Don't get so mixed up in what is trending that you are unable to add your own flair to your looks.  Without out your input, your style kind of dissolves and you just become a mindless drone to "the industry".  Fashion is about art and art is subjective.  Make it your own.



 This is seriously one of my favorite quotes of all time because it is so true.  I have so many clothes.  Seriously.  So.  Many.  Clothes.  But I often find myself with "nothing to wear".  And it usually comes on the days when I just feel . . . blah.  I can almost always pick something out when I need to look or behave or perform a certain way.  It's the fun of dressing up.


 via

Mr. McQueen was revolutionary in the world of fashion.  And he is absolutely right.  There are so many "rules" that no longer apply in fashion, which is what makes it so fun and so freeing.  And, in a way, it is very unifying in its chaos.  Anything goes.



And another one of my all-time favorite quotes of all time.  This is exactly what personal style is all about.  It is a way to express yourself.  And that individuality, creativity and freedom is what makes personal style so amazing.

Do you have a question or a suggestion for Dear Frannie Friday?  Feel free to email me at franniepantz@hotmail.com

Navy Polka Dot Dress with Handkerchief Hem-vintage; Mustard Cardigan-thrifted; White Tights-Target; Cowboy Boots-vintage; Sunnies-Target; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs