February 8, 2013

Mission #1, Day 5

Last day of the first ever Mission Week.  Today's inspiration comes from the legendary Babe Ruth (which I can never think of without quoting The Sandlot).

What this meant was that I was going to go for a sporty look.  Which, as I explained last year, is kind of hard to pull off in a law office.

Luckily, I had the odds in my favor.  It was really super busy, so no one really cared what I was wearing.  The boss was out of town.  And I had picked up this awesome varsity jacket last year that I knew immediately I could incorporate into my sporty look.

Speaking of busy at work, today I found the perfect solution to calm and serenity for dealing with a "run your ass off while everyone demands your attention, expertise and help" day at work.

Earphones and Pandora.  For me, when I am busy, don't talk to me.  Don't even talk about the weather.  I don't care.  I don't want to hear it.  I gotta stay focused.

Luckily, I had brought my iPad and my earbuds.  All the stations on my Pandora were annoying the crap out of me, so I opted to go rogue and put it on some of my favorite comedy channels. 

Not only did people notice it was a "she's got her earbuds in, don't talk to her" kind of day, but those that didn't notice the earbuds certainly noticed me randomly bursting into laughter while assembling exhibit notebooks, crunching numbers on our calculator machine thingy and drafting pleadings.  Thus causing them to just think I was crazy and didn't want to talk to me anyway.

Varsity Jacket-Marshall's; Dane Cook Tee-from show; Polka Dot Ruffled Pencil Skirt-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Black Tights-Wal-Mart; Canvas Linen Peep Toe Wedges-c/o Blowfish; Necklace-K-Mart; Earrings-old
Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs