February 27, 2013

My Kind of Networking

Word about my love for thrifting must really be getting around.  I do profess my love for thrifted gems on a daily (or hourly . . .) basis it's true.  But today put a stamp on it. 

I got a call from one of my favorite clients today.  This woman has had a real difficult time.  I feel just horrible for her.  We always chit chat while she waits for her appointments and I just think she is amazing. 

"This isn't a business call," she starts, "But I just wanted to let you know that I am at Goodwill right now and I just got a Giorgio Armani  skirt for $5!  And they have tons of great skirts right now in your size.  You should definitely come down.  In fact, do you want me to pick a couple up for you?  Then you can just return them if you don't like them."

I thanked her but declined her offer to buy them for me.  However . . . I did find myself in the neighborhood later that afternoon while dropping off a file to an appointment Daryl was at.  So . . .

Yeah, I ended up buying a couple of things.  I was good.  I didn't get too many new things and didn't spend too much money.  If you follow my Style Board on Pintrest you might have gathered that I picked up a sequin skirt, which I have been wanting for some time.  And a white eyelet button up.  And some bright blue skinnies. 

Yeah I had a weak moment with my shopping hiatus, I admit it.  But when you get a call like that from someone you didn't even realize thought about you outside the confines of your little corner desk, you have to answer.  It's just good manners. 

Denim Dress-thrifted; Mustard Cardigan-J. Crew, thrifted; Leopard Heels-Target; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs