May 20, 2012

Progress


MusicPlaylist

My absolute favorite thing to do on the weekends that I have the time is to go explore the garden where Patrick and I will be married in September. 

It is simply breathtaking right now.  There are so many flowers everywhere of every color, size and variety of the rainbow.  

It has been so much fun to see it progress from December to March to (almost) April to now.  Back in the winter, all the statues were covered in plastic.  There were no flowers.  The water fountain was covered. 

It's almost as if I can see the whole place come to life before my eyes.  It is such a wonder to me that prior to wedding planning I didn't even know this place existed in my very own town. 

It makes me so very happy to think that in just a few short months, I will sit here with my family, friends and kids celebrating a new chapter with the love of my life. 

Today I wore a halter top that I hardly ever wear.  I love it to pieces.  I love the colors, the silky shear fabric and the low back.  

In fact, this is one of my favorite outfits in a while.  It is so breezy and light.  Very refreshing for a gorgeous spring day. 

Yesterday was so cold and gray and rainy and dreary that it was excellent to wake up today to blue skies, warm sun and a dry climate. 

Today we have nothing on the agenda of which I am a major fan.  Patrick finished his overnights at the base last night which means we finally get to have time together again. 

It's Sunday which means Jerseylicious, so that is always exciting for me.  I don't know what it is about those girls but I'm officially hooked.

I get to spend some time with my bebes which thus far has included watching them ride their bikes up and down the street, playing in the sprinkler under the trampoline and painting my daughters toe nails (each nail a different color in no particular order, of course).

I'm savoring these last few consecutive days that I have with my kids.  Their last day of school is on Thursday and after that, I only get to see them on the weekends until school starts again in August. 

It's always hard to go the week without seeing my kids, but it's also a happy time because we get the weekends to do all kinds of fun summery things.  

I am looking forward to water parks, BBQs, picnics, trips to the lake, bike rides and camping.  Yes, you heard me right.  I am even looking forward to camping. 

This is not to say it won't be a busy summer.  I've never had a summer wherein I was simultaneously wedding planning before.  It's gonna get hectic, but I get to celebrate the end of summer with what I imagine will be one of the best days of my life. 

There is still a lot to do wedding wise.  But I know it will get handled.  I refuse to be one of those girls that freaks about every detail of their wedding.  

I just want to have a good time without stress and enjoy the day with my family, friends and Patrick.  This is about our love and nothing more. 

And when you think about it like that, it seems impossible that anything could ruin that for us.  In fact, our theme to the wedding is All You Need is Love.  Which is so fitting.  And so true.  I love him, I love my kids, I love the approaching freedom of summer and I love this garden we will be celebrating in in the fall. 

 Silk Halter-Kupu Kupu; White Cotton Skirt-Abercrombie and Fitch, thrifted; Denim Blazer-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Cowboy Boots-vintage; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs