May 7, 2012

Singing in the Rain


MusicPlaylist

 As promised by weathermen (and women) all over the Square State, today was rainy, dreary, wet and chilly.  Which actually worked out all right since I got to break out trousers and a sweater again.

Both of these garments are new to me.  The sweater was garage saled by Patrick's Aunt for me (she is so good at that) and these denim trousers were a thrift find ions ago.  They need some tailoring, but they are comfortable as ever. 

Why am I dancing in the rain?  Other than the obvious "why not dance in the rain", I have a couple of more reasons that I was excited today.

For one, I take the backroads to work everyday.  I love the pretty scenery and it beats the hell out of sitting on the Diagonal on the way to work.  But unfortunately, my favorite backroad had been closed since January for construction.  Today, it opened back up.  Thus shaving precious moments and stress off of my drive to work.  I was stoked.  It's the little things really.

Moreover, I was ecstatic to come home to find a package on my doorstep.  Do you have a guess at what was inside?  My camera!  Yes, folks, my beloved Canon had returned from her trip to the camera doctor.  For almost a month now, I have succumbed to the point and click Olympus.  Not a bad camera, really, and I am grateful to have it in a pinch, but I am damn sick and tired of charging its battery all the damn time and having to reset the self timer with every ever loving picture. 

And tomorrow is the end of the year Mexican potluck for my Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association luncheon.  It is my favorite luncheon of the year because, well, it's the only one that involves food being served and we also get to learn all of the updates on Colorado cases for the year.  I know, I'm a law dork, but it really gets me singing and dancing.  Even in the rain.  

  Sweater with Knitted Cowl Neck and Bell Sleeves-Moda International, gifted; Wide Leg Denim Trousers-Isaac Mizrani, thrifted; Black Knee High Boots-Wal-Mart; Leopard Print Scarf-vintage; Necklace-Wal-Mart; Earrings-DIY and gifted; Umbrella-Wal-Mart; Glasses-Brendel

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs