May 6, 2012

Batter Up!


MusicPlaylist

Well.  It's officially baseball season in our household.  Kaden had his first baseball practice today.  I'm not much of a sports fan, but I will tell you that there is nothing I love more than baseball season and going to Kaden's baseball games. 

 This is Kaden's third year in baseball and he is just such a natural athlete.  Not to mention, he's a lefty.  So it automatically throws the pitchers off.

I've learned a lot from being a baseball mom.  For starters, I know that I have to let my baby grow up and be a young adult all his own. 

When he first started, I would call him "baby" from the bleachers ("go baby" or "nice job baby").  I quickly learned (from him, other parents, Patrick, my mom, the coaches, etc.) that you are not "supposed" to do that.  It's taken some conditioning and I still slip up but I am getting better.

Second, watching baseball practices and games is an excellent way to sneak some color into your legs.  My skin is naturally on the darker side, but to me--I feel totally Casper-style in the spring time. 

But the biggest thing that I learned as a veteran baseball mom is that once the first practice rolls around, it's full speed ahead baby.  There are usually three or so practices and one or two games per week until the season ends in July.  

But, as usual, Patrick has made my life even easier by setting up a family calendar with the Cozi calendar.  It is so nerdy, but we are so excited.  Now we have a shared calendar to put in all our kids' appointments, wedding appointments and other important dates.  Pretty cool guys #nerdvoice.

As for the outfit, I was inspired this weekend because I scrounged up some ooooooooold fashion magazines while doing some cleaning.  

This look came from an advertisement in the September 2007 Glamour magazine.  Only, I had to tweak it a little bit. 

The original look was for fall, so the orange top was actually a sweater. Though we are currently heading into a few days of rain and cooler temps, it ain't there yet.  So I swapped the sweater for a button down.  To keep it spring playful and maintain the shape of the look, I knotted the front. 

Second, I swapped out the flat riding boots for some criss cross nude wedges.  There is just no way I can wear boots until the fall in Colorado at this point. 

So what have we learned today?  Baseball = very busy, but very happy Frannie.  Also, if you get in a bit of a styling funk, try to pull out an old style magazine and let your imagination run wild.

  Orange Button Up Blouse-Raefella, thrifted; Plaid Capris with Metallic Stripes-Candie's; Criss Cross Platform Sandals-Marshall's; Leopard Bangle-vintage; Necklace-Kohl's; Earrings-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs