March 10, 2015

Share the Covers--Bad Company

 The original by none other than Bad Company . . . 



And the rockin cover by Five Finger Death Punch . . .

 

I've talked about my dad briefly on this blog here and there, but in all honesty, we aren't close.  At all.  So I don't talk about him much.  But I will say that this song and this band remind me of him a lot.  And ever since my brother moved in with us, I see my dad much more frequently than I used to.  Even with our differences and any animosity that I might hold against him, he is a fun and funny guy to be around.

My dad, though, (I'm trying to think of a way to say this that won't hurt his feelings if he ends up reading this at some point and simultaneously not give too much detail on the subject) . . . has not made good choices in life.  He currently sleeps on the floor of a machine shop that he is doing odd jobs for and pretty much the only asset to his name is a rickety old pick up truck.  So in short, he often looks pretty humble tbh.  

Last month my dad had a birthday.  I had gotten my brother a scarf some time ago and my dad had mentioned how cool it was, so I got him one for his birthday.  I'm not kidding you when I tell you that this was one of the best gifts I have ever given.  My dad told me that just with this scarf, he felt so much wiser, more debonair, and sophisticated.  The entire night he kept it on and I honestly haven't seen him without it since I gave it to him.  Of course, he commented on the functionality being great for keeping warm too.  I couldn't get over how happy it made him and that made me so happy because we have had something to bond over.  It really is amazing how one little accessory can make such a huge difference not only in someone's outfit but in someone's attitude.  See the above photo taken the day after I gave him the scarf.  He has been beaming over this scarf. 

#scarftalk

PS--My dad started this #scarftalk saying every time he wants to talk about something really "elegant" or studious.  When I showed him this video about scarves, he was stoked and also a bit bummed.  He really wanted to be the first to come up with a video on scarves.  He's a little behind the times.

Mint Skinny Jeans-Kohl's; Short Sleeved Chambray Button Up-Style & Co., thrifted; Cognac OTK Boots-Charlotte Russe; Watercolor Scarf-gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs