March 17, 2015

Mission #53, Day 2--Leopard Print Slip on Sneakers

After seeing these shoes all up and through the blogosphere (are we still using that word or is it like "the bomb" now?) for a couple of years now, I finally caved and bought some from Target a few weeks ago.  I paid full price too which is really not my style but when you really love something . . .   Turns out it was a good investment because I have since worn them a million ways.  And I was really happy that they just so happened to go perfectly with my newly thrifted outfit of similar hues.

 So, as I said last week, my resolution for the week was to not snooze on my alarm and therefore get up early.  And as I also mentioned last week, that did not happen.  Like at all.  Not once.  Although I will say that there was one morning where I woke up early, but opted to snuggle with Reilly in my bed instead of actually getting up.

So this week I pulled the goal of no processed foods.  This I am actually excited about for several reasons.  One--ever since a few years ago when Patrick and I went all super healthy vegetarian after seeing several food documentaries, I have not been a fan of processed foods in general anyway.  Second--Diners, Drive Ins and Dives is now on Netflix and I have been watching it OBSESSIVELY and getting really inspired to conjure up some good eats in the kitchen. 

Third--I have been really frustrated with working out lately.  In fact, a couple of weeks ago, I got so annoyed that I decided to just take a break from working out altogether.  By that I mean that I stopped getting up early and killing myself with Insanity every morning.  My weight on the scale had barely moved in four months.  In fact, I gained five pounds from December to now.  I was getting up every night with Reilly and the prospect of getting up extra early after being up all night with a baby to sweat myself to death and see no results proved to be too much. 

Fourth--We starting using Door to Door Organics and are already obsessed.  I am actually really excited about finding different ways to use my brussel sprouts.  #cookingnerd

So anyway, since I am taking a break from actual workouts (I am still taking walks and bike rides), this will be a good thing for me.  And to start it off right, I made my own Irish Soda Bread from scratch the other day.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Brown Leather Skirt-thrifted; Striped Tank-thrifted; Wrap Cardigan-Walmart; Tights-Target; Leopard Print Slip on Sneakers-Target; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs