March 18, 2015

Mission #53, Day 3--Lace Tennies

Luckily for all of us former flats haters ("if it doesn't have a heel, it's not stylish" *crosses arms*), they are making sneakers pretty fancy these days.  For example, they are adding lots of textures like these lace tennies, for example.  I added them to this already girly outfit, but they can add a level of delicacy to any other outfit as well. 

One of the funnest parts about having this blog is going back through the pictures and remembering what I was doing while I was wearing pictured outfit.  On this day, I was SO stressed out.  My brother had had a seizure while driving the day before and was still in the ICU at the hospital.  Because he had been alone and had a seizure and was knocked out for a few days, at this point we really didn't even know what had happened exactly, what he hit, if other people were involved or what physical state they were in.

On top of all of that, it was the day before my mother's birthday.  And unbeknownst to her, my stepdad had been planning a huge elaborate surprise birthday party for her for weeks.  It was so big, in fact, that given people coming in from out of town and expensive, non-refundable hotel reservations, it could not be cancelled.  Even under the circumstances.  So not only was I helping my stepdad with those details in general, but . . .

One of the to-do's of the party was to get my grandfather in town from Wyoming.  He is too old to drive himself now and he is so amazing that we didn't want to leave him out.  It came down to the reality given my mom being with my brother in the hospital and my stepdad being with my mother in the hospital, that we either had to come clean to my mom or I had to go and get my Grandpa.  So I did the latter.  And I made the 6 hour round trip to pick up my Grandpa on the windiest day in history.

It was so windy, in fact, that even under the shelter of this picnic area at a truck stop, I had trouble keeping my tripod steady and my dress down!  My photos were kind of meh because of it.  But I loved the outfit.  And I loved picking up and spending time with my Grandpa.  And the look on my mom's face and tears that came down her face when she got the surprise?  (Blurry picture in all the commotion)

And seeing my Grandpa there?

And seeing that her best friend since they were 19 made it also?

 Priceless.

Lace Dress-thrifted; Hot Pink Suede Blazer-thrifted; Lace Tennies-Target; Necklace-K-Mart; Pearl Earrings-gifted from Patrick from Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs