March 19, 2015

Mission #53, Day 4--Wedge Sneakers

Wedge Sneakers have been a thing for a minute now and I for one am super happy.  In fact, I got some wedge Sketcher sneakers years before they were a thing #notbragging  The great thing about wedge sneakers is that they feel slightly more sophisticated than regular sneakers.  Maybe it's the height, but when I wear wedge sneakers it feels like I walk with more purpose than regular sneakers.

I kept this look more tomboy than my other looks, but to balance it out I added a veiled beanie that my MIL got me for my birthday.  I mean, really, how cool is that?  You know what is cooler still though?  Her reason behind getting it for me.

She had seen this beanie in my Wish List on Amazon and knew right away that it was what she was going to get for me.  When she was younger, she told me, her and her girlfriends would have get togethers to make hats.

They would all bring a hat to make and the only requirement was that it had to have a veil on it.  She said that she has dozens of hats in a box in her attic, all with veils on them.  One day she will get it down and she me, she said.

Now I don't know about you, but that seems pretty damn cool to me.  I love the beanie on its own of course.  I mean, these quirky little items that are in the spotlight only for a millisecond and then are nearly forgotten a bit down the road are my jam.

But the fact that it is from my MIL, who I adore, and the fact that she used to make hats with veils with her girlfriends--that makes this hat just a little bit even more special.  If that is even possible.


Green Trousers-thrifted; Grey T-Shirt-Target; Polka Dot Blazer-Forever 21; Wedge Sneakers-Target; Veiled Beanie-gifted; Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs