March 31, 2014

Mission #30, Day 1--Menswear--Suit

Starting out this Mission Week with a menswear no-brainer: the suit.  Now, obviously not only men can wear suits.  In fact, part of what I struggle with when styling a menswear look is the stigma that a certain item or style of clothing is meant for only one gender.  But, suits are generally considered menswear so here it is.

In fact, who this particular menswear inspired look reminds me of is Mr. Johnny Cash--the man in black.  You can't very well go wrong with black and well fitting pieces.  A good way to keep the femininity in a look like this, though, is to add really girly pieces--like hot pink heels and shiny silver jewelry.

These shoes in this outfit remind me of my daughter, Brielle, who has very recently gained an interest in fashion and is growing into her own style.  She has two older brothers.  I was so stoked to have my little girl and was slightly bummed that she never let me play with her hair and would prefer jeans over pretty dresses.

Which, of course, I loved that she was willing to get down and dirty.  But I can't lie that when she started requesting that I braid her hair and buy her dresses and started saving money for boots, I was a little giddy.

She asked me on this day why I wore hot pink shoes when the rest of my outfit was black and I told her that it was my pop of color for the look.  Currently, she tries to add bits of color into her looks.  And it is adorable when she tells me what her "tap of color" is in her outfits.

 Black Track Pants-Wayf at Nordstrom's; Maternity Black Button Down Blouse-thrifted; Black Blazer-A-List, gifted; Hot Pink Heels-H&M; Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Empowerment Circle of Support Necklace-Avon



Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs