March 25, 2014

Share the Covers--Sea of Love

Here is the original by Phil Philips . . .


And the awesome/emotional/wonderful cover by Cat Power circa the Juno Soundtrack . . .

 

Juno is one of my all time favorite movies.  It is hilarious with many great one-liners.  But also, I can relate to it on some level.  When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I was a senior in high school.  I was able to hide it for the most part, but I was pregnant at prom and graduation.

Being pregnant that young is terrifying in a totally naive way.  Finding out I was pregnant halfway through my senior year was not expected.

Obviously, I chose to keep Kaden.  But I can understand all of the confusing emotions depicted in the beginning of the movie.  And I tear up every time the part right after Juno gives birth.  But also at the end of the movie when they show the note from Juno to Vanessa and when Vanessa first holds the baby.  Having babies, no matter the age or circumstance, is a magical time.

And I'm about to cry just thinking about it.  Again.

Maternity Khaki Pants-gifted; Sweater-Old Navy; Leopard Print Flats-Payless; Fox Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-shop at mall

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs