March 10, 2014

Mission Monday #29--Sweatshirts

Sweatshirts have had a major moment in fashion in the last few months.  They are great for layering and, coincidentally, for baby bumps.  So as we (gratefully) transition from winter to spring, let's celebrate sweatshirts next week for Mission Week, eh?

One thing I am very excited about with the warming weather is the fact that our new house is right down the street from a huge park.  It is easily a five minute walk away.

The warmer it gets, the more I've vowed to do more walking.  I sit for my job and believe it or not it has taken a larger toll on my body this pregnancy than the three previous pregnancies wherein I was on my feet and running around 40 hours per week.

The exercise is not the only bonus, however.  There are also billions of places for blog photos there.  It has baseball fields, gazebos, park benches, bridges, streams, little ponds.  So much potential.

But the biggest bonus is and will be the bonding experiences with the kids.  This weekend I walked there with Kaden and he asked me to video tape some of his parkour moves.  It was terrifying but also really cool.  Not only did my teenage son voluntarily spend time with his mother, but I got to see all his creative juices flowing.  Apparently, there is a lot of thought and strategy that goes into this activity.  And I just thought it was a bunch of jumping and flipping.  Nay nay.

Floral Fishtail Hem Dress (worn as a skirt)-thrifted; Green Sweater-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Black OTK Boots-eBay; Necklace-ICE, gifted; Earrings-gifted

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs