December 27, 2011

The Mourning After



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

December 26 is the most depressing day of the year.  I get so sad thinking of having to wait another yeeeeeear to watch Rudolf and eat Rice Krispie treats for breakfast and shop mercilessly.  I get pretty bummed out. 

However, I had the BEST Christmas.  It can all be pretty much summed up by Conner's reaction to coming to wake Pat and I up on Christmas morning by saying "Mom!  We must have been SUPER good this year!"  Santa had brought the kids bean bags (amongst many, many other things).  I had thought it would be sufficient to put the bean bags under the tree, but Patrick thought it might be cool to wrap the huge boxes instead.  Apparently, he was spot on. 

Patrick got me a mannequin and sewing patterns from the kids.  I am stoked!  I can't wait until I can master my machine!  We had a great time with family.  Hope you all enjoyed your holiday!

The other great thing about this weekend was all the FOOD.  Ever since I quit smoking (it will be one week since my last cigarette tomorrow!), I've been devouring everything in sight.  And I have had no guilt about it whatsoever.  Also, I made my first ham ever this weekend.  It was made with a jalapeno pomegranate glaze and it was fan-freaking-tastic.

The one thing that made me glad that the holidays were over, however, was all the cleaning that I did.  Seriously, guys, I cleaned from 7 a.m. until 8:30 p.m.  All the parents out there will commiserate with me when I say that my house was destroyed in remnants of wrapping paper, cardboard, batteries, toys, dishes, candy wrappers and Legos.  Plus, there is a lot of assembly involved with Christmas as a parent. 

The only thing that is helping this dreary Tuesday after four delightful days off is the looming New Years holiday.  I'm not big on NYE, but I am big on extra days off of work.  And now that all of my chores are done, I am totally into having some extra days of R & R!


Teal Top with Shear Sleeves-Elle; Purple Tweed Trousers-Orsay, thrifted; Teal Kitten Heels-Alfani, gifted; Necklace-my daughter's; Leopard Bangle-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted; Floral Trench-Old Navy, thrifted

4 days . . .

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs