December 28, 2011

Silver and Gold



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

This is actually what I wore on Christmas Day, but it was so busy that I never got pictures of it and I loved it so much that I didn't mind wearing it again.

My very talented cuz gave me this necklace for Christmas made by her!  I love the bright blue color and fun dangly beads!

Today was pretty awesome, not gonna lie.  First of all, Daryl told me that I get to leave at noon on Friday, which is awesome news.  By the time I actually have to work a full five day work week again, I might have to call in sick out of confusion.

Also, Kaden went to work with Patrick today.  That in and of itself was cool, but it also gave me some down time after work to meander around a flea market for wedding knick knacks.

Now that the holidays are behind us, we can begin to fully focus on the wedding and for that I am grateful.  We still have no date set.  In fact, we have nothing yet--not a place, not a dress, not an invitation, nada.  So, yeah, we need to get moving.

I found this cute little park on Folsom today which was perfectly abandoned for my pictures.  I've driven by it before, but have never been able to stop.  I am so glad that I had the opportunity today.  It is fraught with great props and little traffic. 

Interesting enough, I have never had the ability to mix and match metals very well.  Pattern mixing?  Great.  Color blocking?  Child's play.  But silver and gold?  I get all wishy-washy.  This was a first for me.  Turns out, I like it better than I thought.

I've been thinking a lot about resolutions as well.  Luckily, I have already tackled quitting smoking.  With that behind me, I feel like I can do anything!  According to this calculator, here is my non-smoking progress so far: 



My brother and I are currently exchanging texts with American Beauty quotes, which is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time.  No, folks, life don't get much better than this!

Gold Silk Top-Jones New York, thrifted; Sailor Pants-vintage; Silver Pumps-Shoe Carnival; Blue Beaded Necklace-DIY and gifted by Tina; Elephant Cuff-vintage; Earrings-gifted; Red Peacoat-Kohl's

3 days . . .

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs