December 12, 2011

Nooooow it Feels Like Christmas



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

This weekend was a whirlwind of holiday goodness.  It was just the peace of mind and festive fun that I have been waiting for.  On Saturday, Patrick hung up our Christmas lights on the house, I started my massive baking extravaganza and then we went shopping for Christmas gifts.  I am happy to report that between Kohl's and Amazon we made a decent dent in our list.

Then, Sunday was absolutely amazing.  I went with one of my BFFFFFs Chris to this antique mall in Denver.  We spent three hours just enamored with all the goodies.  I also bought some more wedding stuff, like a vintage Saks Fifth Avenue hat box . . . which Nakita maliciously mauled while I was at work today.  Siiiiiiiiiigh.

Sufficed to say, I did not want to go back to work today.  It was one of those weekends that flew by and was so full of happenings, it feels like you didn't even get a weekend.  The thing about family law, we are inordinately busier during the holidays.  Pretty sad, huh?

But, we also got our Christmas tree tonight.  Or, rather, Patrick brought home an amazing and gorgeous tree for us to decorate tonight.  Decorating the tree is one of the BEST parts of the holiday season.  And now with the smell of fresh pine, the sparkling of the Christmas lights and the glory of the angel on top, it really feels like Christmas is indeed here.

Just another sign that Patrick and I were meant to be together--one of the first things that he ever asked me when we were first dating was whether I did real or fake trees (which is kind of weird, considering we started dating in the dead heat of summer).  Of course, I go real.  I'm sorry.  I don't mean to be a tree killer, but you just can't get anymore Christmas than the smell, feel and mess of a real tree.  Where do you stand on this issue?

By the way, have you entered this giveaway yet to win these adorable boots from Monroe & Main yet?  If not, better put some hitch in your giddy-up ladies.  The giveaway ends at midnight on December 15th (I will name the winner on the 16th). 


Polka Dot Dress (worn as a skirt)-vintage; White Turtleneck Tank-Apt. 9, thrifted; Long Brown Cardigan-Apt. 9; Green Tights-unknown and old; Booties-Nine West, gifted; Broach-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-vintage from Grandma; Necklace-Wal-Mart; Ring-Encore

Only a couple of weeks left . . .

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs