December 21, 2011

Short and Sweet



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Pat and I have been wrapping our little hearts out and there is still much more to do so here are just a few things about today . . .

Today was the shortest day of the year.  It felt like it.  It was pitch black by 5.  It is also the beginning of the countdown until the end of the world as we know it.  If you're into that.  I don't know what to think except if the world really does end on 12/21/12, I don't wanna know about it.  I'd rather just live in peace and be happy than a neurotic freakshow stocking up on canned beans and building bomb shelters. 

Got kudos, a Christmas bonus and a raise today at work.  Woot woot!  Love my job!

And speaking of le office, one of my favorite people in the world, Peggy, is getting married tomorrow!  I am so happy for her!  Congrats again Peggy!  P.S.-I found out she was doing this yesterday.  It's going to be a very intimate ordeal with just her and her soon to be hubby.  Yay for Peggy and Spencer!

It's supposed to snow tomorrow.  Again.  A lot.  It started tonight.  I drove 35 mph down the interstate to get home.  I pissed a lot of people off and nearly gave myself a heart attack trying to not slip and slide around.   Once Christmas is behind us, my nonstop whining and whimpering about snow and the cold will commence in full force.

My mom took the kiddos to North Pole Land today and they had a blasty.  I remember going there as a wee lass.  I wish I could have gone with them, but someone's gotta make that pap-uh.

Today is my last day of smoking.  Ever. Tomorrow completes my four week quitting program. I've got mixed feelings about it.  It makes me kind of sad and anxious but also very happy and excited to begin this new chapter.  Thanks again to everyone that has supported me in this venture.  It means more to me than you will ever know. 

Ok, back to scotch taping my brains out . . .

Striped Cowl Neck Dress-vintage; Red Sparkle Sweater-Kohl's; Gray Sweater Tights-Kohl's; Grey Knit Socks-Ross; Knee High Boots-Wal-Mart; Red Peacoat-Kohl's; Belt-unknown; Earrings-gifted


One of my favorite bloggers, Megan of Megan Mae Daily gave me this lovely Liebster Blog Award today.  Liebster is German for "dearest".  How sweet is that???  So, I am supposed to pick five fabulous bloggers with less than 200 followers to pass this award on to.  Here are the rules:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your 5 blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you have sent the award to will forward it to their favorite bloggers.

And here are my picks:

Sarah of Take a Bow
Desiree of Distinctly Desiree
Vanessa of Big Girl. Small Budget. Tiny Town.
Oomph
Chelsea of Bright Side Dweller

Love these ladies!  Now go show them some love!  And ladies, spread the love! 

10 days . . .

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs