September 16, 2013

Mission #17, Day 1--Leather Skirt

Day one of Mission Week where we are donning leather over here this week.  And on this day, I was wearing one of my favorite thrift finds--this Wilson's Leather black studded leather mini skirt.  Obviously not a work look, but it's fitting as I will not be at work until Thursday.

Luckily, I have a ton of backlog outfit photos because for the past four days or so, I have been confined to our neighborhood because of the flooding.  It is INSANE people.  I don't live on a beach coast and though we have a lot of water here, I'd never known that this severity of flooding could happen here in Colorado.

Over the past few days, I have been in complete awe of the photos and videos that I've seen of my town, neighboring towns and the stories of my friends and family.  There are 14 counties in Colorado that have been declared in a state of emergency.

I feel totally fortunate that both our current home and the home we are buying have remained in tact from the flooding.  It truly is amazing because there are literally hundreds of people that are unaccounted for, even more that have been evacuated, thousands that have had damage to their homes or even lost their homes.

We didn't see this coming.  I can't imagine being told that you have to leave your house NOW--and leave behind your photos, belongings, memories, everything.  Some people didn't even have that warning.  I continue to be humbled by this devastation overtaking my state.  If you are so inclined to give a monetary donation, you can go here.  There is an anticipated billions in damages and years in reconstruction.  Unbelievable.  It poured even more rain today, causing even more evacuations and deaths.

Shear Plaid Button Down-Forever 21; Snoop Dogg Tank-from concert; Black Booties-Old Navy; Leather Mini Skirt-Wilson's Leather, thrifted; Earrings-gifted; Bracelets-Kohl's

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs