June 25, 2013

Mission #11, Day 2--Ava Crowder of Justified


For Day 2 of Mission Week I chose to be inspired by Ava Crowder of the television show Justified on Fox.


Patrick and I got into this show a few months back.  Basically it is about a U.S. Marshall, Raylan Givens, cracking cases in his homestate of Tennessee.

Ava is a widow and a bad ass.  She actually killed her abusive husband with a shotgun.  She goes on in the show to marry her deceased husband's brother, Boyd.  

Ava takes no shit.  She gets shot and lives.  She shoots when necessary and she is great under pressure.  It also helps that she has that sweet southern belle thing goin' on too.

Ava's style is simple and understated, but also romantic and sexy.  She rocks the sundresses but almost always has her trusty denim jacket with her.

So I chose a country approach to this inspiration by donning my fairly recently thrifted chambray shirtdress and minimal accessories.

And luck would have it that I discovered the perfect country-esque photo location at a nearby dog park to where I work, complete with wood fence.

Perhaps not exactly the bad assery that is Ava Crowder, but I'll take it.  It was a good show but I personally don't like guns.  So chambray will have to do.

Chambray Shirt Dress-thrifted; Cognac Wide Belt-gifted by Lynne; Cognac Knotted Peep Toe Booties-Charlotte Russe; Beaded Bracelets-Kohl's; Sunnies-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs