June 1, 2013

Reaching Out

Last week, I divulged a pretty personal post about my recent miscarriage.  When I posted that, it was not in haste.  I had drafted it and re-drafted it.  I had debated whether to post it at all and I considered all of the ramifications of doing so.

Thankfully, I got a mostly positive and supportive response.  I was absolutely relieved to start receiving emails from other women, all of which I have never met or knew of even, who shared their thanks and stories with me.

A lot of people have asked me why I posted something so very personal.  A lot of people have called me brave for doing so.  While I appreciate the compliment, it made me feel a little awkward.  And thus, I feel like I should now explain why I chose to post about it.

Well, there are two main reasons why: 1) it was all I could think about.  Literally.  On my mind all day, everyday.  And it felt silly and frivolous to pretend everything was hunky dory.  I have a big mouth, I'm just gonna say it.  Though I am shy around people I don't know, I am not shy to share any bit of information about myself.  

2) I wanted to help others.  I scoured the internet high and low for days and days on end, Googling every possible word associated with my situation.  And while I found a lot of medical information, there wasn't much personal information.  And while I understand that it is something extremely personal and a lot of women do not want to talk about it, I don't really think that it is something that we should be ashamed of it either.  It hurts.  It sucks.  But it is important to know that you are not alone.  And that's why I shared my story.

Navy Nautical Jumper-Sessa, vintage; Striped Wedges-Payless; Pearl Necklace-Kohl's; Cat Eye Bling Sunnies-Target; Watch-gifted; 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs