November 10, 2011

Out of Practice



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

This clip is one of me and my other best friend Chris' favorite skits.  I really am excited to go on my trip, but it is also nostalgic because it makes me think of him.  What's up girlfriend.
As I may have mentioned on this little bloggy blog, Pat and I are retreated to San Fran this weekend.  I put off packing until tonight.  I knew this was a bad idea, but I hadn't been on a trip that required flying and somewhere outside of my comfy little square state in over 5 years. 

Also, I haven't been to Cali since I was 15.  I am being left in the dark by Patrick about what we are doing and where all we might be going.  So, I know all my other lovely bloggers will understand that I had to pack about five outfits to accommodate.  Something fancy, something casual, something for beach walking, something for if we go out on the town . . . A girl can never be too sure.

I am also out of practice with driving to work apparently as I got lost on my way today.  Come again (you say)?  Yep.  I had lunch plans today and had an appointment right after work so I knew when I got out it would be pitch black out, so I knew I would have to take my pictures before work.

I took all the right steps.  I left the house a wee bit earlier.  I took a back road that I am familiar with and that has very little traffic. 

But here's the thing.  I am horrible with directions.  And seriously, if I wasn't from Colorado, I would never know what direction I was facing (we are equipped with the "mountains are to the west" technique).  I made a split decision to take a road off the back road that I thought I knew and that was an even better shortcut.

Wrong-o!  I ended up in the mountains.  In the middle of nowhere.  In a place I had never been.  Thanks to Gina (my GPS) and my mom (who bought me said GPS for the aforementioned reason that I can't remember directions for ish), I made it to work a mere 3 minutes late.

Additionally, I am out of practice dressing like a professional office woman as are colleagues in seeing me in something totally standard office attire.  Seriously, you can't get more office lady than the tried and true pencil skirt, pretty bowed pumps, a blazer and a bow blouse.  But I felt restricted all day.  Similar to the thought that I was wearing a toilet paper tube.  This happened the last time I wore a pencil skirt too.   So, I guess it's time to go on a trip.  A trip where I don't need pencil skirts and driving adequacy and packing ability.  Signing off for now.  Kisses, Frannie Pantz

Cropped Plaid Blazer and Flower Pin-Candie's; Maroon Top with Bow and Button Detail-Attention, thrifted; Charcoal Tiered Pencil Skirt-Kohl's; Gray Tights-Vera Wang; Maroon Bow Detail Pumps-Wal-Mart; Earrings-gifted

Guess What???

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs