November 22, 2011

At Attention



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

As a future military wife, I was uber stoked to participate in this month's Blogger's Do It Better challenge: military chic.

Patrick is in the Air Force Reserves.  He was active duty for nine years and he has been in the Reserves (so far) for four years. 

We found out that he is going to Qatar next October.  It makes me very nervous, but I understand why he has to go. 

Patrick being in the military has really changed a lot of my perspective on such.  I was always weary of the military to be honest, but that was only because I am a tree-hugging hippy who doesn't like war and fighting. 

All my thoughts and political views on the war aside, however, I am so proud of Patrick.  He has really shown me a lot of what being in the military is all about and he is very respected at his position.

I think my dad was in the military, too and I know that my Grandpa was.  Bob, another attorney in our office, was in the military as well and he always tells me stories about it.  It's so interesting!

I actually have a lot of military inspired clothes and sport them quite often.  This vest is def in my top five, though.  I stalked it online for several weeks before making the plunge and I am so glad that I did.  I can honestly say that it is one of the most remixed pieces in my closet.

To complete the military inspired ensemble, I went with my wool skirt in a cadet blue and flat, studded knee high boots.  For those of you who have been loyal readers of mine, you might have noticed that I have embraced a slight tights/socks obsession, especially with boots.

So here's to the military trend and to those who actually serve in the military!

Military Vest-Old Navy; Black Turtleneck-International Concepts, thrifted; Blue Wool High Waisted Pencil Skirt-unknown, thrifted; Socks-Ross; Studded Knee High Boots-F21; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Ring-Encore; Earrings-DIY and gifted

Bloggers Do It Better

Guess What???

Do you all remember the $20 discount to eShakti's online store that I recently featured ( remember this dress?)?  Well the kind folks of eShakti have decided to extend your ability to take advantage of  the discount code ROBIN0811. So if you missed it the first time, here's your second chance!  This code is valid through December 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.  Second chances don't always come around this easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs