November 2, 2011

Oh Snow it DITN'T!!!



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

I wonder how many other delightful winter weather puns I will use in my blog titles in this coming all too fast season.  Don't you worry your pretty little heads.  There's plenty more where that came from my little lovechops. 

It goes without saying that the Winter Warlock made an appearance yet again in Colorado today.  You see, this is why you must savor the flavor of the transitional months while you have them.  Basically, we have two seasons here-blistering cold and painfully hot.  There is little time for indecisive seasons in our square state.  One minute you're in, the next you're out.

No bother, though.  I wore three pairs of socks, long sleeves, a great gold sweater I picked up recently and the world's best slacks.  Seriously ladies.  I bought these slacks something ridiculous like four years ago.  Not a rip, snag, or wear and tear at all.  AND they are elastic waist.  So, basically an easy way to show up to work feeling like you should have "I Heart Pink" in neon across your ass.  But not.

Above please witness the awkward shot of the day.  It was an attempted jump that ended up looking like a demonic ritual.  You're welcome.

What has been driving my tolerance for the cold and snowy roads?  Oh, just my upcoming trip.  You know, Pat and I are just gonna spend the weekend in Cali in nine days.  No biggie.  ;-)  *this is the first weekend vacation I have spent in forever, so not being able to contain my excitement is allowed.  If this was an often occurrence, I would be a little more discreet.

Since it is Wednesday, it is time to partake in some fun Little Facts hosted by none other than the lovely Rebecca from RWAR.  Today, let's delight in some fun facts, shall we?

1. Oh the ways we change and adapt.  We didn't have a television in my house until I was in middle school.  We did not have a home phone (or cell obvs.) until I was in 3rd grade.  I did not own a computer or have access to one until I was living on my own.  Now, I cannot live without my Blackberry, internet access and Netflicks.  What has become of me?

2.  Pet names.  We have two guinea pigs-one for each of my sons.  They got to name them.  They are both female.  Kaden is really into astronomy.  His guinea pig has a black patch over her eye.  He wanted to name her Black Hole.  I informed him that he could not name his female guinea pig Black Hole and said he might want to think of a nickname.  "That's ok mom, we can just call her Hole."  We settled on Gravity.  (Conner's named his River.)

3. Speaking of pet names, I got big feet.  Seriously, my mom used to call me Fred Flinstone and Block Feet as a kid (jokingly, of course.  Love you mom!).  I wear an 8 1/2 to 9.  Totally Pretty Woman style.  Wait . . .

White Button Up-thrifted; Gold Sweater-thrifted; Brown Slacks-Wal-Mart; Booties-Payless; Necklace-Kohl's; Broach-vintage from Grandma; Watch-gifted; Ring-Kohl's; Fur Trimmed Nylon Coat-Kohl's; Earrings-DIY and gifted

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs