February 24, 2015

Share the Covers--50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

Here is the original by Paul Simon . . .


And here is the cover by Miley Cyrus circa the SNL 40 show . . .


Now I am definitely not a Miley fan.  Not in the slightest.  To be honest before that foam finger weird teddy bear thing she did at the VMAs a few years back, I didn't really even know who she was.  And I think that any child who gets pushed in the spotlight and then has a breakdown is always a sad, sad thing.  But I was extremely pleased with the cover she did of this song.

And you know what?  I was also pleased with the 40th anniversary of SNL.  Yeah, I said it.  I know everyone has been giving it a bad rap saying that they could have done so much more with it.  But let's be honest, SNL has been on a downward slope since the early 2000's.  And they only had so much time to air the thing.  I am not a huge SNL fan and I enjoyed it.

I think we have been setting our expectations for television and movies up way too high.  Maybe that or my standards are extremely low since I am not a big TV fan.  Either way, as usual I go against the crowd.

Flare Jeans-Lee; Tweed Flats-Target; Mustard Sweater and Grey Cardigan-thrifted; Grey Newsboy Hat-really, really, REALLY old

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs