February 12, 2015

Thursday Mixer--Burgundy Lace Dress

This dress was given to me graciously by Pink Blush Maternity back when I was very first pregnant.  I chose this dress both because of the pretty delicate lace and rich burgundy color, but also because I was sure that I could wear it post-pregnancy as well.

As usual, I was right (ha!).  I've worn this dress as a dress and as a skirt, barely pregnant, really pregnant and not pregnant. While price per wear is not a factor since I didn't buy it, there is a similar one that is going for $40.  Using that number, the price per wear on this dress would be about $6-$7.  

Top left to right-1, 2, Now
Bottom left to right- 1, 2, 3 

So if you follow my Instagram, you might have noticed that last weekend Patrick and I went on our usual annual getaway to the Indian Hot Springs in Idaho Springs.  Our birthdays are eight days apart so we always opt to do this for each other instead of presents.

Last year we couldn't go because I was uber preggers (so I met Tim Gunn instead--NBD), so I was really excited to go this year even though that meant leaving Reilly behind with my sister in law overnight for the first time.

I have to say, this was our best getaway time yet.  It was literally stress-free.  We laughed and joked around just like when we were dating.  We had the best food and a verrry strong long island ice tea (we live on the edge) at Tommyknockers and we had a lovely walk around the town (thank you 60 degree abnormal February weather!).

You know, people always talk about what to do once you have a baby--make sure you baby-proof the cupboards, make sure your crib meets the safety standards, familiarize yourself with all the important milestones, learn how to make your own baby food--and those are important.  But the most important thing is to make sure that you and your partner get time away and alone.

Because there is literally no better feeling than hanging out with your partner, smiling and looking into their eyes and knowing that you still have that love that you had all along.  It's the best.

Burgundy Lace Dress-Pink Blush Maternity, c/o; Black OTK Boots-Amazon; Bag-Bebe, gifted; Hat-Kohl's; Brooch-vintage from Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs